Male Infertility – Signs & Symptoms
What are the symptoms of male infertility?
The main sign / symptom of male infertility is the actual inability of couples to achieve pregnancy.
Now, while there may be no other obvious signs or symptoms that directly relate to the infertility issue, there are other signs or symptoms that should indicate the root cause of the problem.
Male infertility is very often accompanied from different indications of diseases that caused it in the first place.
The most common causing factors / diseases are:
- Urogenital infections: For instance, chronic prostatitis with irritative or obstructive symptoms. These may vary from urinary burning / pelvic pain / frequency of urination / urinary difficulty / night urination (nycturia) and many others.
- Structural disorders: For example, varicocele which is noticed as soft lumps above the testicles. Varicoceles mostly appear on the left side of the scrotum. Right-sided and bilateral varicoceles can also occur but less frequently. Men with varicocele can feel symptoms of pain or heaviness in their scrotum.
- Hormonal disorders: We can recognize hormonal disorders from:
- Significant loss of hair on the head
- Loss of hair in the face
- Changes in body hair and muscles
- Low sexual activity
From our experience, it is extremely rare not to be able to find the cause of infertility. When the infertility stems from the urogenital (and in the majority of cases, it does), it can be treated effectively. You can find very detailed information in our dedicated post on the causes of male infertility.